Tuesday 5 May 2009

Day 1 Lands End to Liskeard

Day one over and I feel okay. The day started overcast, and not too warm. However the forecast was for sunny spells so arm and leg warmers were the order of the day.














LE was not too busy first thing but I did meet several other end to enders setting off. Got a couple of photos (above!) NAS sorry about the oil on your T-shirt. Too much oil on the chain when I reassembled the bike. The route was: A30 to Long Rock via Penzance > A394 > B3280 > B3297 to Redruth then to Scorrier & Chacewater join A390 Truro to St Austell to Lostwithiel to A38 then into Liskeard.
















The A390 was very lumpy with one big hill after St Austell near Penpillick that went on for ever. But after each uphill there's a downhill. Some were great. I managed 48mph down the A38. (Bob you would have loved it). Well time for dinner and once I have a signal I'll send this entry plus photos. Hard day tomorrow - Crossing Dartmoor. It will be lumpy :(

No comments:

Post a Comment