Wednesday 13 May 2009

Day 9 Inverary to Invergarry

Three quarters through LEJOG, 98 miles for the day. Today was hard due to the distance and head wind, but having said that, it was the most enjoyable days cycling I've had. The scenery was great. Better than yesterday, so I needed to be more selective when taking photo's. I still took too many though. I understand that a flickr site exists to hold all my photos (there is a link to this on the left - Bob).

The weather in Scotland could not be better - warm and sunny. No rain only a head wind.
We started the day with a 5 mile uphill but an easy gradient. Not a hilly route since we're mainly following the lochs up the Great Glen.
Ben Nevis was seen (and photo'ed) from several angles.
The clear weather made the views great.

Having travelled over 700 miles in 9 days, today I think I had my two nearest misses with traffic on the whole trip. Entering Fort William a lorry came so close I was forced off the road - lucky there was a parking area to swerve into! Then when leaving Fort William a campervan pulled in far too early. It makes one think since just before that last near miss I had taken a photo of a ghost bike on the other ride of the road. Tonight we are staying in a bunk house, sharing a dorm with 5 others! Tomorrow we have one hilly section, similar to Dartmoor, to look forward to. We will also be passing Loch Ness. The phone camera will be ready just in case. Bye for now. Only three more days of cycling to go. Then I can have a drink or two to celebrate. Only person in the group not to :(

No comments:

Post a Comment