Wednesday 6 May 2009

Day 2 Liskeard to Sampford Peverall

End of another day and I still feel ok.The day started overcast with drizzle, so on with the waterproof top. Very quickly I was being boiled in a bag, especially after the hill out of Liskeard. I think I was drier in the drizzle without the waterproof. Yesterday was lumpy. Today was hilly from the start, even before reaching Dartmoor. But after each climb there was a long winding downhill. The downhill into Callington was particularly memorable, but at least my brakes worked for the traffic lights at the bottom! The drizzle had long stopped by the time I reached Tavistock.

Tavistock marked the start of Dartmoor and the mist covered hill indicated what was to come - fog and mist. Soon my glasses were so misted up I ended cycling Dartmoor without them. What with my poor eyesight and the fog that made for an interesting ride!

After lunch in the middle of the park the weather had improved.







No comments:

Post a Comment