Saturday 9 May 2009

Day 5 Shrewsbury to Preston

Hi from Preston. Glad to have got here, since not the best days cycling. My legs are feeling the previous 4 days and I'm finding it harder and it takes me longer each morning to get going. Once the legs are back spinning I'm fine but it's hard work getting started. Restarting after water/food stops is just as bad and even traffic lights are a pain when on red. Until Warrington the A49 is in the countryside, but after that it was nearly all urban. Also had to deal with LOTS of cars, busy road junctions and yes, more traffic lights. :(


From the A49 we joined the A6 into Preston. So all day on busy roads. Well Carlisle tomorrow on the longest day. The 5 mile climb up Shap Fell should be interesting.


Bye for now. Dinner calls .
Day 5 photos Hit Preston at 86.4 but 90.7 on speedo by the time I got to the hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment