Thursday 7 May 2009

Day 3 Sampford Peverell to Tintern

Three down, only nine days to go.Still feeling good. My legs took a few miles to get going in the morning, but after that I was ok.Today was fairly flat with only one planned hill before lunch over the Mendips. Not Cheddar Gorge, but Shipham Hill. Still a long drag.The day started sunny so plenty of sun block was applied. But by the time we crossed the Severn Bridge into Wales it was grey and overcast.

I got lost three times today which meant an extra 4 miles riding. Not too bad. The problem was the unplanned steep and long hill I had to climb standing up on my lowest gear - I need to check the map more often!Bye for now. Another update tomorrow. ( ps hope the photos got posted. Thanks Bob for sorting yesterdays)






No comments:

Post a Comment